SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Insurance for wooden boats

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  cormeum 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to get liability insurance for a 36'LOD 49'LOA wooden boat?

OR

How to get around the marina's insurance requirements?

#3 ·
.... Lie and falsify documents, but there's probably jail time involved if caught.
Fair warning there!:eek:

I'm sure it will be nearly impossible to get moorage that doesn't require at least liability coverage, and fairly hefty coverage these days at that.

Some people seem to find moorage at private docks that are not being utilized; that may be an option in your area but even some of them may want to be covered somehow. Also that's a rather large boat so options will be further limited..

#6 ·
Woodenboat has a website that contains ads. Heritage insures wood boats, so does Hagerty. For liability only, check with your homeowners agent. You may find a rider is cheap. I've done that. Now I use a comprehensive policy from Hagerty.
What is the boat? Mine is a 39' ketch (48' over spars).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.