SailNet Community - View Single Post - Single females answering crew ads.
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
I took on an unknown crew member from CF. A 2 day delivery from Miami to Green Cove Springs Fl. He was a member with few posts, so there was little known about him. He told me he was looking to buy a cat, but no experience with cats. We passed mail back, and forth about ourselves. Finally I asked for a picture as proof of his health. I didn't want a 400lb person coming aboard that couldn't perform their duties.

He turned out to be extremely helpful, intelligent, a good cook, and a heck of a nice human being. Normally I would single-hand, but the east coast of Florida is very busy with huge traffic. He could've turned out to be just the opposite, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I would not be afraid to pull into a port early, and force a person off my boat. Physically if need be.

As far as a woman accepting a crew position for a man when it's only 2 of them. That is a dangerous situation, and if being hit on is all that happens consider yourself lucky. The world is a dangerous place. Unfortunately most men have a tendency to think with the little brain. If a woman hits her twenties, and doesn't understand that already. Then she must be wearing blinders.

How many times has a man come on here, and in his first post ask for companionship. He's not looking for a female friend to go shopping with . Of course credit must be given to the many posters here that usually just ridicule the person to no end........i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook