SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yanmar 3gm30f rebuild...It all boils down to customer service but where do we go?
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 11-12-2010
imagine2frolic

I know in the auto repair world there is an office for complaints. I have had shops in 2 different states. I get customers with stories like yours, and the first thing I do is give them the number. I don't know how many times I have been thanked.

I would think, because it is a motor that your state has an office too. Go to any shop, and posted on the wall will be the number, or google it. The BBB is a joke. People pay to be on their list, and they can be a bad shop.

Never point your finger at a shop. I have worked at many over the years. It just gets the cold shoulder reaction from the owner. Ask good questions, and you will be able to find your way most times.

If you get the cold shoulder then the state may step in? If you have no state agency a letter written from a lawyer seems to motivate people to work with you. You sound fairly knowledgable about your motor, so your fault seems less likely. Mechanics make errors just like paper pushers, doctors, or anyone else. Like any other job. There are people who are greedy, not capable, and just down right dirty rotten scoundrels. BEST WISHES in finding a positive in finding the solution.......i2f

20 MPH ain't fast unless, you do it in a 1000sq 3/2 house on 10foot waves
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome