SailNet Community - View Single Post - Single females answering crew ads.
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010

InlandGirl is on a distinguished road
Only a little derail....

Timely thread, since I just logged on intending to rant about unwanted advances from male crew. I have a small boat, and I dry-sail: it's possible to single-hand but launching really requires two people, as does racing. I keep the boat at a club, and I sail with a lot of different guys. Most of them are married, but almost none of the other women sail. So I know these guys, I hang out with them and their wives at the club on weekends, and STILL when they sail with me I get propositioned, about once every few weeks. Maybe there's something about being on the water that makes them stupid? I just can't figure it out. I don't dress suggestively, I don't flirt -- and I'm middle-aged, for crying out loud. The whole situation is so stupidly....ADOLESCENT, and it's spoiling my fun, to the point that I'm thinking about selling my boat and getting a d*mn kayak instead.
(End of rant.)
Short of posting a notice on the boat that says "No, I DON'T want to sleep with you!" I am at my wits' end. Any suggestions, ladies?

Last edited by InlandGirl; 11-13-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook