SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Regina 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd22 View Post
Well I really like the look of the Regina, and with a galley up it might even pass Laurie's inspection. I looked up Regina 40 DS on yachtworld and the price of a new one is - gulp - over $3 mil. Someone please tell me this is a misprint, please. Not that I'm in the market at all, but I'm glad to see some fairly traditional looking DS's being offered because the newer straight, angular designs just don't do anything for me I'm afraid (a sweet shear makes the boat). Does anyone know if it's possible in these pseudo pilothouses :-)) to at least get engine controls at the nav station (throttle & gear shift) since I don't see a spot for a wheel?
Nobody is using an inside wheel anymore, but all of these boats can have an inside joystick that will do the same job without taking the space the wheel would require.

Regarding the Regina 40, are you saying $3 millions? That's a mistake, the boat is expensive but not that much

It costs about 350 000 euros (without Vat).

That's a very nice boat. Have you seen this video?:

It sails also much better than older Regina. All you need is 10k wind and thats enough to turn the engine off and sail away

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook