SailNet Community - View Single Post - Single females answering crew ads.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010

InlandGirl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
Either you are hanging with some real losers, or you're the hottest thing on the planet? You claim every man you come in contact with hits on you while sailing? Something here is just not right. I know men think with the little brain, but 100% is really over the top.....i2f
No, I never said "every man," and I certainly make no claims about hotness. I've probably sailed with 15 different people this year, and only four of them have been creepy. (One made advances twice, and I had to get angry, so now we don't talk, and there's awkwardness at the club.) Four is still too many, though. Because one or two longtime YC-buddies have metamorphosed into creeps when they crewed for me, I'm starting to get suspicious of the decent guys too. Wouldn't you?

It's also no fun to feel like I have to be super-careful about every word and every action because it might be misinterpreted as a 'hat drop.' When I say "trim a little more - yeah, that's good" I don't appreciate the crew leering back at me like I've just said something obscene. (That was another WTF?? moment this summer. It's just sail trim, pal: take it easy.)

The point I was trying to make was that crew shouldn't assume that they get other privileges. Sometimes sailing is only sailing. That's all.

@cruisingdad:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook