SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chartering BVI? Stay far away from Conch Chrs
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010

familyofun is on a distinguished road
Red face Stand by my words

Hi All,
Thanks for responding to my post regarding Conch charters. It is important to have balanced commentary, especially when it involves peoples businesses, peoples vacations, reputations, etc. I have read the follow up posts and can understand fully some of the questions, etc. ie: water being our responsibility...yes, I agree with this. The occurrence was however that Peter Islands water plant was down, so we notified Conch that we were coming back with empty tanks and would need some water for that evenings cleaning, etc.

Problem was that after they saw us in to the mooring, they disappeared very quickly and without many words other than 'they are putting through our dd until they assess things'. We really did NOT have any break down of costs or even a phone call or email (not kidding!!!) discussing it! If anyone has any advice as to how we SHOULD have handled this (ie: credit card company, etc) I would love to hear it. Otherwise, I do stand by my opinion that I would not recommend Conch Charters. We are booking for this winter/spring and would be very appreciative of any recommendations. We are planning a month to month and half trip.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook