SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chartering BVI? Stay far away from Conch Chrs
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010

familyofun is on a distinguished road
Smile STILL Stand by my words.....

Again, thanks for the feedback, but yes of course we did contact them directly and they refused to send us any kind of quotations for damage, summary of damages etc. This was so shocking to me that I actually contacted the tourism board and tried to follow up as to our possible recourse. Eventually, life goes on and who has time to chase these things down? I certainly ran out of steam.

As far as your comments that I am slamming Conch, I am only offering my honest opinion as to our experience with this company in the interest of enlightening other travelers and hoping that I can prevent someone else from having a similar very sad experience on their precious vacation.

I continue to stand by my words that I would not recommend using Conch Charters for various reasons. Yes we have chartered many, many times and in fact, one of our sailing party does have his own boat here in Canada, as well my husbands family used to own a very large charter boat they kept with Moorings in BVI. We've had lots of excellent, excellent experiences though not yet in BVI (other than my husbands families boat) and this was our first BVI charter. Sadly, as it goes, people feel most compelled to comment when they had a BAD experience!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook