SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Paulo,
Notice how the 409 and 439 share a common theme as distinct from say the 42i. I expect other new models in the series to have the same look. Thats what I meant by "corporate" look. Just as e.g all current release BMWs and Audi's share certain design traits.

As I said I do like the 409 but it does support my argument that European builders are catering for the weekender/summer holiday crowd and not the full time cruisers. This is probably stating the bleeding obvious of course.

You see this in the 409 where there is no option to go two cabin and increase the size of the galley. Instead the two cabin just gives you a bigger head and a bigger guest cabin. Reality is that is not a satisfactory galley for a 40'er liveaboard cruiser. I fully realise that these are production boats and that the lack of available customisation is reflected in the price. What is more I also acknowledge that the full time liveaboard market is pretty damn small.

These are observations more than criticisms.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook