SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by slap View Post

The problem with the 409 is that the head is moved aft in the two cabin version, but then you loose the separate shower compartment, which was a good wet hanging locker. The port settee is lengthed, but it looks like it is not lengthened enough for an adult to sleep on it when someone is at the nav station. But you do get a large cockpit accessable storage locker where the port aft berth was.
I agree that it is a pity that they had not used the space for a bigger galley, but that is difficult and more expensive. What they have done is not a completely new layout but just some alterations to the layout. The Beneteau are one of the few that does that and quite well, I mean, two completely different layouts for two cabins or three cabins versions.

I am not sure but I am almost certain that the longer settee is big enough to function as a sea berth, even for big guys (In two weeks I will let you know) and I believe the separate shower is still there, and works with some curtain or other device. If you take a look you will see that the space for shower is actually bigger than the one in the two cabin version.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-18-2010 at 05:13 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook