SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by slap View Post
The Hanse 370 allowed you to have a bigger galley in the two cabin configuration, but its replacement, the 375 doesn't give you a larger galley in the two cabin config. It was one of my favorite features of the Hanse.

The problem with the 409 is that the head is moved aft in the two cabin version, but then you loose the separate shower compartment, which was a good wet hanging locker. The port settee is lengthed, but it looks like it is not lengthened enough for an adult to sleep on it when someone is at the nav station. But you do get a large cockpit accessable storage locker where the port aft berth was.
Hey Slap...almost didn't recognise you without the Penguins....

I did a 'design your own boat' thing on the Jeanneau website and you can order a screen that divides the head compartment in two but its not a completely separate shower stall as in the three cabin.

Me I'd be perfectly happy with the three cabin head, port guest cabin same size as in three cabin and extend the galley into what is the starboard aft cabin.

Still and all, as Paulo says, its all about cost. You and me can just have the WLYDO and the Maestro design one for us from the ground up. I wish.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook