SailNet Community - View Single Post - DEKA or TROJAN golf cart batteries OPINONS?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQA View Post
When I look at market share Trojans have 90+% of the US golf cart market so I guess if I go by market share then it is Trojan.
Perhaps that USED to be the case, it is no longer the case today. Just two months ago I was on the phone with both US Battery and Crown. US Battery claims to have about 30-36% of the US golf car market and Crown claims 23-27%. I know Exide and Johnson Controls also hold large shares in the GC market. A large percentage of new Club Cars roll out of the Factory with US Battery 6V's inside them as US has a contract with Club Car. All Yamaha cars come out of the factory with US Battery batteries installed NOT Trojan's..

Of the last six courses I have been on, 2 in Georgia, 1 in Texas, 1 in Colorado and 2 in Delaware only one course was using Trojan.

Trojan's pricing has become outrageous. My buddy Mike is a GC manager in MA and they switched away from Trojan 4-5 years ago and have never looked back. It has saved them thousands over the last five years and they do spread sheet the costs of batteries. They have used both US Battery and Crown but currently use US Battery.

Trojan has not seen a 90% share of the GC market in a long time.

Even Yamaha dumped Trojan in favor of US Battery:

"Yamaha will now use US Battery Co. as their OEM battery supplier. US lace>lace> brand batteries will be installed in every new car they make including factory-refurbished cars. What went wrong with Trojan? Yamaha did not go into much detail except to say that Trojan was just not able to meet Yamaha needs. The fact that US Battery sweetened the deal with a whopping 4-year limited warranty certainly didnít hurt the new deal. Trojan & US Battery both manufacture deep cycle 6-volt and 8-volt, heavy-duty batteries. Although both dabble in 12-volt batteries their main focus is deep cycle batteries."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook