SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sinking of Rule 62
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Reading an article about this race/cruise in Yachting Monthly? any way a european mag. This race/cruise is a VERY safe way of doing what these folks were doing. Same with the ARC, some 250plus boats this year. So for minnewaska, why question it? other than you have a friend that was on a boat that perished. Now comes the "WHY?"

It appears like many of us, you are having some of the same questions, ie the "WHY?" as am I. Look back about 2 yrs ago to a boat doing a race to Mexico with a college crew that lost a keel, one death. The speculation went on for about a year, until the CG did a report, as did a few others.

If no answers do not come up in the next week to month, trust me, the speculation will be even more rampant than now. I doubt you will hear the real answer here, than in the news. Frankly, I have yet to see any news reports, which to me is rather strange. at least the other boat I talked about I did upon occasion.

If family and friends of Laura continue to read and post, make sure you have a stiff upper lip if you will, because there will be some speculation, from the other three's fault, to Laura's to who knows what. It will go in full circle until the facts are found out.

Marty