SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fraser Built Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolinwind View Post
I purchased a Fraser 41, 1977 vintage in Vancouver BC a year ago - sailed across to Vancouver Island in 25 knots N.W. and my wife on helm actually loved the boat. All old electronics have now been replaced. Various upgrades to sails, running rigging - installed new propane system etc. etc.
Boat is built extremely well, Glass work is exceptional, surveyed out really well structurally at 33 years and counting. This is a boat you can take anywhere in comfort. Sails well in light airs as well. Some cosmetics to do now but what a boat! Isuzu 53 hp is plenty. Installed new house batts and a Balmer 110 amp alternator and smart regulator - works great. Many years of good boating to be done. Radar is next. Good luck with yours!
S.V. Rain Wolf.
We've met around a half dozen up in B.C. now. We saw two in Garden Bay, Pender Harbor and we met an owner finished 41 named Shellback at NewCastle Island. The owners are long time members of the Blue Water Cruising Association up there (IIRC) and Shellback is their second Fraser. They finished a Fraser 30 and cruised it back in the late 70's. When they came home, they met a Fraser 41 sailing the other way and the wife asked the husband "what kind of boat is that?" He said "a Fraser 41." She said, "that's our next boat." They bought a bare hull and finished it off themselves. IIRC, it took them 7 years and they were kind enough to crack open their photo album and show us the pictures of their progress. I really admire the sweat equity that folks will put into their dreams. I don't know that I have what it takes to do that.

So Rain Wolf, where are you tied up?
La Conner, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.

Last edited by erps; 03-23-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook