SailNet Community - View Single Post - Remotron heater - manual request
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010

KBuckley is on a distinguished road
Remotron heater - manual request

I have an early '80s heater in my boat. The model is Remotron from AB Thermotron in Sweden. It is a propane forced air heater. The company still exists but has moved on to other products. Apparently they stopped making these 20+ years ago. Does anyone have a manual they would be prepared to scan and send me? I have not been successful in tracking one down on the web.

The unit still works but it is intermittent in that it occasionally shuts off for no reason, or will not shutoff if the flame does not light. I have checked the furnace box and it is still intact and has a few more years life in it. There is a photoresistor that acts as a flame sensor and there is an over temperature switch. They are connected in series and the resistance does change depending on whether the flame sensor sees light or not but I have not yet been successful in identifying what resistance values are present when the unit is responds correctly to the signals versus when it does not. I am trying to decipher whether the sensors may be bad or the electronics. Unfortunately the electronics are epoxy potted and not likely accessible.

Thanks in advance,
Ken
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook