SailNet Community - View Single Post - Croatia
Thread: Croatia
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010

bareboatingtheworld is on a distinguished road
Aleks,
I've been to Croatia with Italian friends 4 times over the last 8 years. These trips are summarized on my charter bareboat sailing blog.

Most recently we did a 1 week trip out of Kremik Marina near Primosten. From there, the Kornati and Telascica Marine National Parks are an easy 1 week sail. Better yet would be leaving from Split (or Trogir) and heading south to Korcula town passing the Islands of Brac, Hvar, and possibly Vis. There's a mix of anchorages and moorings with Korcula and Trogir being my favorite stops. Either starting point is easily accessible from the Split Airport.

My blog has a ton of detail for each of my 4 itineraries including trips logs, photos, and commented maps. Also, there are articles that summarize our insights of these areas into 4 categories: before departing, provisioning, living onboard, and sailing stuff.

The only thing I don't have detail on are moorings/marinas as we tend to focus on anchoring, but, every major town on the islands have a number of facilities.

Regarding conditions, we've never encountered the bora as it's called in Croatia during July or August. It's nothing like the meltemi I remember in the Sporades in Greece. But, there is always the possibility of severe thundershowers which we have encountered rendering some anchorages untenable.

Good luck with the planning and enjoy your bareboat charter.

Gaetano
Bareboating the World
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook