SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moody 376 and 425
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010

night0wl is on a distinguished road
Throw my vote in for the Beneteau 423. Several have made trans-atlantic crossings. Dont underestimate the fact that the rig is less than 55' in lenght. That means its ENTIRELY ICW friendly, unlike the rest of those boats. That makes a huge difference in places like S. Florida (Julia Tuttle) as well as West Coast of Florida where many bridges are 55' ...forcing the decision to brave sporty conditions on the outside, or a cocktail cruise on the inside.

Make sure to choose the owners version as many of these vessels made it to the Caribbean Charter trade. The galley in the owners version is easier for passagemaking. ALso, the owners version has a straight(ish) settee that makes a decent passage berth...not so much on the 3 cabin charter version. Not to mention, you'll lose a *HUGE* lazarette if you get the 3 cabin version. Some would say that you can stuff the 3rd cabin with stuff, but I'd rather have the storage in a true locker form so that I could put in a genset or other mechanical equipment behind the scenes.

Last edited by night0wl; 12-02-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook