SailNet Community - View Single Post - how much clothing
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010

Serendipitous is on a distinguished road
Looks like I have a lot to learn about clothing from a boaters perspective. Besides knowing that foul weather gear should not be cotton, I did not know it would be a issue for everyday use. I did know that mold/mildew would be a problem for everyday storage, so I was/am planning on keeping all my clothing in plastic bags when not in use, but I did not know sitting on the boat or walking around town would be an issue with what I'm wearing. But this is also coming from a girl who spent 5 hours in soaking wet yoga pants and a fleece when crossing Lake Michigan in a storm this past summer thinking, "That kind of sucked, but so is life." (Although one reason I didn't go below to change or get foul weather gear is because everyone was sleeping and I didn't want to wake them. Selfless, or stupid, I'm still not sure which. )

I'm not looking to get a whole new wardrobe right now, all the extra money I can get is going toward our trip. I have a few synthetic blends that I'll be packing, maybe picking up a few more here or there before I go, but I think it was good advice to bring what I have and pick up more on 'the road' if I need to. And sorry QuickMick, but we're not coffee drinkers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jessica
Muskegon, MI
89' Sabre 34 Targa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook