SailNet Community - View Single Post - how much clothing
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010

Serendipitous is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Whoever left you out in the cockpit by yourself in such unsuitable clothing should be taken out and shot, and that means the skipper. For heavens sake, it is the skippers responsibility to attend to the welfare of the crew. Failing to do so is inexcusable.

If you are going offshore or even on something as large as the Great Lakes the first thing you need is adequate wet weather gear. Jacket, Pants, Boots, Gloves.
It was my decision to keep myself in the cockpit during that time, and no one else. I was on the 2am to 6am shift, and let my husband sleep in the extra hour because that was the only sleep he was going to get that night. Like I had mentioned, I could have gone below and changed into my foul weather gear at any time, but I knew I was in no real danger of hypothermia (it was July), and if I thought I was I would have done something about it. As eherlihy put it, I'm a girl who can suck it up. (Side note, I do have most of the wet weather gear I'd need for any storms and will pick up anything else I do not have before we leave).

Glad to know some of my cottons will still work in the Bahamas, that's where I was planning on wearing all my cotton dresses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jessica
Muskegon, MI
89' Sabre 34 Targa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook