SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moody 376 and 425
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010

seaparrot is on a distinguished road
Lawdog, thanks for describing how you settled on a Sabre. Cruising Dad and you will be the third and forth people who have mentioned Sabre to us. And the one casual look I had inside of one ... I believe it was a 36' or 38' with an open quarter berth ... really impressed me. Small, comfortable, warm -- too bad for me that I want to avoid an open quarter berth so much. The owner is trying to sell her. In any case, I have been meaning to find out more about them -- that task has officially been moved forward on our to do list.

I am especially encouraged to hear the the customer service for both Sabre and Catalina are good (Likewise, it is too bad to hear that Tartan isn't a stellar on that point).

CD, do not worry about overwhelming us with information. We're trying to gather as many details and opinions as we can right now, in the hopes that 6 months from now we will have a much clearer idea of what we want. So everything is helpful, and everything goes in my notes!

A quick question on the Catalina 400s: Would you look at mki boats? Or would you hold out for a mkii? I suppose the same question could be asked about the 42'.

Last edited by seaparrot; 12-03-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook