SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moody 376 and 425
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010

Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL currently CLODs [cruisers living on dirt]
svsirius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaparrot View Post
I am wondering if I can solicit opinions about the Moody 376 and 425. We are hoping to buy our first boat sometime in 2011, so we're slowly working toward developing a short list of boats choices.
There are not many Moody sailors here but they do make a very viable choice and independent of what has been said there is a reason more Moodys of this size and larger are out cruising as a percentage of build than some of the other boats people on this side of the pond seem to prefer. I suggest you ask the question on the Moody Owners site, as there are folks there that know those two boats. I personally know of 4 boats[375/42x] that have crossed the Atlantic and have been/are full time cruised. I also think you will find a difference in construction level between the Moody's and the others mentioned above when you really inspect the boats, after all Moody originally designed for the North Sea as normal sailing grounds.. In that era a number were LLoyds certified which is a higher standard than any of the American builds.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook