SailNet Community - View Single Post - Living aboard with a dog/bathroom needs
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010

Serendipitous is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynShearlock View Post
If you haven't already done so, get her very used to getting in and out of the dinghy. We had a small dog (6 pounds), which was easy -- we just handed her down -- but had friends with bigger dogs that definitely had a harder time, particularly in a rolly anchorage.

That said, taking a dog is wonder IF they're enjoying it. Ours loved it!

We're on a mooring on Muskegon Lake, so she's already used to being in the dinghy for any trips back and forth to the boat, including the trips we make just for her bathroom breaks. In fact, I think she enjoys the dinghy rides more than the boat rides b/c she's always doing the Leonardo DiCaprio "I'm the king of the world!" from the bow of the dinghy.

With her being the size she is (60 lbs) it can be a hassle sometimes to get her on and off the boat, but she always has her PDF on with a handle on the back that makes moving her around much easier. We hope she'll like traveling with us, but we've also decided that if we get out of the Erie Canal and she's not having a good time then we'll rent a car and take her to my mother-in-law's house. We would miss her terribly, but it would also mean that we could expand our destination. Possibly Australia or maybe even all the way around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jessica
Muskegon, MI
89' Sabre 34 Targa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook