SailNet Community - View Single Post - ANL fuse size at battery
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by orientalnc2010 View Post
The breaker came from Lewmar with the H3 windlass so I hope it is up for the task. No specs came with it. I will call Lewmar to verify the 5000 AIC rating. My bad on explaining the breaker directly to battery, there will be a fuse within 7" of the battery.
As far a charging I have decided to use an echo charger from the house bank.
The alternator goes to the house bank so I figure the windlass battery will always get a charge. The start battery can only be charged by using the crosssover switch at the moment. Since the house batteries are within 5' of the start battery would an ACR make more sense than another echo charger off the house to the start? Does the start battery really need 30 amps that the ACR can supply or would the 15 amps from the echo do the trick?
If that windlass wire is already fused at or near the battery bank then you don't need to worry about the AIC of the breaker as it will be redundant at that point for protecting the wire..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook