SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who''s living on what??
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006

DaveH20 is on a distinguished road
Living simple

I started out living on a 36' trojan tri-cabin with plenty of room for a single person, Two bathrooms, two single size sleeping areas in the aft over the engines, two in the bow, a full galley and salon with folding dining room table, flat screen tv. Over the years I have added a full pilothouse above so I do not get wet when I go out fishing on the weekend.

This year I salvaged a 45' Sundance barge that sunk on the rocks in a river, and now I'm redoing the whole bottom electrical, plumbing, sheetrock walls. I plan to sell one or the other.

As for living simple, I got rid of a lot of extra baggage when I moved aboard and I found out I really did not need it. I still watch tv but I do not have cable or sattelite just what ever I get for free, I have a cell phone as my home phone. How much does it cost? slip fee is $5000 for the year and includes electric and water, Food maybe $80 a week or around $4000 a year. No taxes insurance $1000 a year Parking is free. and if I don't want to cook I can go to the marina restaurant.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook