SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchor chain ... locker
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 12-08-2010
I have a Cal 29. I did several things to the chain locker. First I routed the bow cowl vent duct to a water trap (from hardware store PVC) then through the locker bulkhead. Then I made a watertight door for the llarge square ocker hole in the bulkhead. Simply a gasgeted wood panel that use some drop in bars to hold it in place. I made it watertight 'cause that's in the current US sailing standards. Then I put in an internal panel to divide the locker in two. That way I can carry two anchors forward (Bruce and Fortress) each with thier own rode. It's handy if one ot the other is preferable to a particular situation. The locker's pretty big so there was plenty of room. I can also attach the rodes end to end if I need a really long rode for deep water, which we occasionally have in the northwest. I use a chain/line rodes so the weight is not so much of an issue compared to an all chain rode. When I divided the locker I used drop-in tomestone shaped athwartships panels so I could lift them out. This however required a hawsepipe to the after locker. Doing it again I'd run a panel fore and aft down the center. I also rerouted the running lights to the upper rail of the pulpir
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome