I am looking for two crewmembers to assist me in sailing thru the Panama Canal and continuing north to Sea of Cortez (Gulf of California). Anticipate will take 3 months, from mid-Jan to early May. If time is an issue, we can treat it as a delivery and push it hard and cut the time to about 2 months. Terms: no drugs, period. I will pay all customs, immigration, etc fees, on-board food, fuel. You pay for your transportation to the depature point (Colon, Panama). I will pay up to $1000 for a plane ticket and ground transportation back to your point of origin or your next crew position (or if you prefer, I will reimburse you for your transportation to Panama when you arrive, and pay the difference toward your trip toward your next destination).
My boat is an older 41ft Gulfstar center cockpit sloop, 12ft beam, with a forecabin with V-berths, and an aft owner/s cabin. Two heads, small but functional galley, and a new 54hp Yanmar diesel with <1000 hours. I am presently replacing the refrigerator and portlights, and cabin sole, and completing a few other repairs and upgrades. The boat is extremely seaworthy. I bought it in Tampa 6 years ago, and have completed a full circuit of the Caribbean with it,from Florida thru the Windwards & Leewards, Venezuela, ABCs, Columbia, and now Panama. I've been sailing about 4-6 months each year. Now it's time to take it closer to my home in AZ.
I am 64 yrs old, retired, married (wife is not a sailor and is not coming on the trip). I completed all the ASA courses several years ago, and have been sailing over 20 yrs (but this is my first ocean-going boat).
My sailing plan is limited by fuel, water, and refrigerator capacity, so the longest leg I would feel comfortable making is < 7 days at sea. The total distance is just under 3000 miles (30 days at sea). I can't see passing up the opportunity to visit Acapulco, Mazatlan, or Puerto Vallarta.
You can see the boat on my blog page: islandfever41.blogspot.com.
If interested, contact me at email@example.com
My current plan is to launch in mid-Jan. If necessary, I can delay until early Feb, but no later.