Africa-Europe Challenge 2011-2012
The Africa-Europe Challenge kindly invites you to take part the
Africa-Europe Challenge 2011-2012. The AEC project is the ever first
yacht race and events around Africa. The special feature of the race:
participants can enter for even a single leg.
The main features of the race:
- The racing fleet sails around the African continent starting from
Malta at 24th July, 2011. Transits the Suez Canal, sails to South
Africa and Gibraltar, finally finishes to Malta until the end of May,
- The whole race contains 15 legs and 23 stopovers, the fleet visits
13 African and 3 European countries. The total distance is almost
13,000 nautical miles.
- Cultural events and touristic programs on every stopover.
- AEC fleet meets the Volvo Ocean Race in Cape Town at December, 2011.
- Safety first: the leg passes the pirate infested area (Gulf of Aden
and North Indian Ocean) is out of the race, yachts will be shipped by
a special yacht transport carrier defended by allied naval forces.
- Privately and jointly owned yachts may enter between 40 and 60 feet
- Ten Dufour 44 Performance yachts can be chartered for the whole race
or even for single legs.
- Crews can enter the whole race or even single legs.
- National teams can be formed: their yachts must take part the whole
race but crews may change even leg by leg.
- Three racing divisions: Racing, Cruising and Open.
- The AEC provides Media and Sponsorship Package, which shall
determine the media rights and sponsorship opportunities.
Please note, that participants have 5-20 percent discount if enter
more legs or the whole race and have 10-30 percent time discount if
you early enter the race!
For more information visit our website or do not hesitate to contact
us! We are waiting for your interests.