SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yachtmaster Offshore available
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010
Yachtmaster Offshore

ChrisHamilton is on a distinguished road
Yachtmaster Offshore available

My name is Chris and I'm a fully qualified yachtmaster offshore under sail, meaning I've completed Competent Crew, Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper, and Yachtmaster practical and theory courses, and passed the Yachtmaster practical exam. I have 3000 miles experience, am commercially endorsed with an ENG1 and am 1 course away from my STCW 95 (fire prevention), I'm 19 coming on 20, fit, healthy, and hard-working. I'm looking for work and would like to find something like deliveries that would further my career, to learn more about me ask for reference info, I can send a copy of my resume, and copies of my qualifications as well, thanks for your time.

My experience:

Practical:
-12 weeks, 2500 miles, yachtmaster training with Allabroad Sailing Academy in Gibraltar, Spain, and Portugal, largest ship Bavaria 44 ft, strongest wind force 8, tidal waters
-2 weeks, 300 miles on a tallship across the great lakes of Canada, strongest wind force 5, non-tidal waters
-2 weeks, 200 miles on a 50 ft catamaran in the British Virgin Islands of the Caribbean, strongest wind force 5, tidal waters

Theory:
-2 weeks of navigational theory (chart work and weather, day skipper, coastal skipper and yachtmaster)
-Additional courses:
-Diesel Engine
-VHF Radio
-Radar
-Electrical Systems
-Gelcoat and boat maintenance
-Ropework
-Sea Survival
-First-aid
-Personal Safety and Social Responsibility

Resume:
CHRIS HAMILTON

Home Phone: just ask
Mobile: just ask
E-mail: chris_h_27
@hotmail.com
Address: 5674 Gamsby Rd.
Orono, Ontario, L0B 1M0
Born: Feb 25th, 1991

Longterm Goal

To obtain a career constructing and repairing sailing vessels

Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications

-Fully qualified yachtmaster offshore for sailing vessels
-Qualified for use of VHF Radios
-2700 miles in tidal waters, 300 miles in non-tidal
-Additional courses include: Diesel engine, radar, electrical systems, gelcoat and boat maintenance, ropework, sea survival, first-aid, and personal safety and social responsibility
-Proficient with navigation and weather systems
-Wood shop training: safety and use of hand and power tools, construction of houses and furniture.
-Experienced Labourer
-Commercially endorsed with ENG1 medical

Work Experience

2004-2005
-Wendy’s Restaurant
- Part time employee
-Worked both in the kitchen and at the cash register preparing food and serving it to customers in a fast paced environment

2007-2010
-Brimacombe Ski hill
- Full-time Lift Attendant
-Was responsible for the safety of skiing and snowboarding customers, the loading and unloading of passengers on chairlifts and t-bars, and directing of parking

2008-2009
-Fred’s Fruit Market
- Full-time Labourer
Maintained an apple orchard, then picked and sorted the apples for shipping

-Outback Paintball
- Part-time Paintball Referee
Patrolled paintball matches to ensure the safety and general happiness of customers while maintaining their equipment

-Abbeywood United Van Lines
- Part-time Labourer
-Lifted households of furniture and belongings to a truck, stacked it all, then unloaded it at its destination

-Tim’s Rent-all
- Full-time Labourer
-Maintained and repaired a variety of machinery big and small, prepared machines for customers and lifted them to their vehicles, or delivered them if necessary

References - ask for contact info

Allabroad Sailing Academy
Sailing School where I became a yachtmaster

Brimacombe Ski Hill
Kassie Geisberger: Lift Staff Manager

Outback Paintball
Ryan Muizelaar: Owner

Abbeywood United Van Lines
Kevin Shaw: Supervisor

Last edited by ChrisHamilton; 12-13-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook