SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Dufour 40e movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slap View Post
I don't care for the nav station - it doesn't look like there is a good way to brace yourself into it. Also, I prefer galleys that are J shaped and not L shaped - so you can brace yourself better on port tack.
I agree with you. The new Jeanneau 409 has one of those, but that's difficult to have it on a 40ft boat. Anyway I think you are being a bit unfair. The Dufour has a proper and solid place to brace yourself. You only need to have a life line and clip it around your waist and what looks like the stove big handle. It isn't. It is really a very strong sliding holding point. Ok I agree, it is not as simple or practical as a J shaped galey, but if you have tried you know that will give you an impeccable and movable support.

Regarding the galley, this is a huge one for a 40ft cruiser-racer. The freezer is so big that you have to have two openings, one on the bottom, other more traditional, up and the drawers are really big and can take a lot of stuff.

After looking at the boat (again) at the Paris boat show I can tell you that the boat offers also an unusually good storage space for a 40ft cruiser racer. It has a dedicated space for the life raft (more than enough space) and two big lateral storage spaces. If you are not going around the world in it, or living permanently aboard, the three cabin version has the storage space needed for living comfortably.

Dufour 40E – Dufour 40E Sailboat – Boat factsheet

This is a great boat, fast, safe and comfortable...and I don't know if the recent acquisition by Bavaria has something to do with it, but it has become a lot more desirable: On the Paris boat show they were selling it with an huge 20 000 Euros disccount...just for start, with probably some more minor discounts after that

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-23-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook