SailNet Community - View Single Post - Plates, glasses, etc...
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffiill View Post
I just find plastic is plastic! As kids on holiday camping or caravaning we always used melamine plates.Even when occasionally back packing there is something nice about a pot mug full of tea or coffee. Quite like the old enamelware as well.
aha ... I'm a fan of a cup of tea from an enamel mug as well ... I wonder why ... maybe the memory of the sheer pleasure of a cup of billy tea brewed on a camp fire ... still and all most people cannot make tea to save their lives ... shame really.

Honestly some of the replies in here have been pretty daft. I've done more damage to my sails in the six years of owning the Womboat than I have to our wine glasses so I'll live with the cost of a couple of wine glasses and you can all go and get knotted.

While it may be true that the company is more important than the wine when I am with my beloved on our boat we take pleasure from good wine from good glasses when conditions are suitable. An anchorage that is as rolly as a force nine gale is not , if you'll pardon me stating the bleeding obvious, conditions I would count as suitable.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook