SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cuba in my sights
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010

Leocat66 is on a distinguished road
Yes, by all means, be patient and wait until it is perfectly safe, legal, and blessed by our totally free and suppressive government. That way you will certainly be assured of missing the real place. You know, high rise condos on every beach, just like Cancun, Cozumel, Belize, Americanized. If you plan to wait, just go to any of those places and see Cuba as it will be when we have their blessing.

It is, as I understand, not illegal to go to Cuba, only to spend US dollars there. I believe that there are several web sites, one connected to one of the KEYS sites, that goes into great detail on cruising to Cuba. If I can find it again I will post it here.

Sure there are risks, and after all, if we all here in the USA always obeyed all of the rules, to the letter, we would still be speaking the kings English. Someone here has a signature line which states that when all is said and done we will regret those things we did not do most of all, or words to that effect.

There are innovative ways to do it if you really want it. A few years ago the good old FEDS tried to prosecute the organizers of a race from south FL to Havana. The charges were dropped. Would have loved to have served on that jury.

Last edited by Leocat66; 12-14-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook