SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cuba in my sights
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010

souljour2000 is on a distinguished road
I'm in south Florida and would like to visit Cuba but it isn't high on my list of places in the Caribbean. I suppose if your a bit salty and been everywhere from Venezuela to Bimini and every point in between then you'd want to go but if you really want to go then I'd say wait a couple years...recent Wiki-leaks posts show that many in the US State Dept. and other governments abroad feel Cuba is about to have a "Glasnost" moment..if you don't know what that is..look it up...

They are under a new ruler these days..as we know...Raul Castro...and he isn't that much younger than the old ruler...whom we all know too well...Wait awhiles more I says..go check out somewhere else cool..and be patient...I ain't been in the Caribbean much..just Florida for the better part of 25 years or so now but the Bahamas or Dominican and Puerto Rico alone would occupy me for years if I ever get to 'em in me boat...workin on it..

Good luck gettin' to old Cuba though..it might be worth it to wait a tad longer though..

.Afterall..we've waited 50 years for Cuba already in a lot of ways... Hell, New England waited almost a hundred for the Red Sox to win again...Go Rays!!

Last edited by souljour2000; 12-15-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook