SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cuba in my sights
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010
new and proud of it

w1651 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to w1651
Thank you for the pics Jon. They are amazing and only make me want to go there more. I was wondering about coming at the island from the south by way of the Florida straights. Was wondering about your thoughts on the best way to make land there.

Cruising Dad
I understand what your saying and I can respect your point of view here. But as Leocat said and myself being a strict constitutionalist. What right does our Government have telling me not to go anywhere. If you want to put out a tourist warning fine by all means do it.
You say the risk isn't worth it or the costs are to great to do it.
Remember that was what they told the Colonists that fought England for the freedom we supposedly have. I'm tired of the oppression from my Government. A passport to get back to my home country if I take a cruise? Really? We better start waking up in this country before all our rights and freedoms are legislated away because of 17 Saudis and 2 Arabs.

I know there's a fine line between brave and crazy and maybe I am a little nuts. But if I want to travel the world and see things most never see then that is my right and privilege under the constitution and I take full reponsibility for my actions and circumstances when I get there.
Embargo be dammed! It hasn't worked anyway.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook