SailNet Community - View Single Post - Soon to be Cruiser with Kid
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Challo,

Congrats!!! I think you already know how I feel aboutthis subject. As mentioed above, you need to put together a kit for kids. We use dry antibiotics (you can order from pharmacy that way with prescription and just add water) and EpiPen Jr, used to carry diaper rash stuff, a great lifejacket (only Mustang with head support and crotch strap), and find a way to be able to secure them in their berths. We used a home made crib side that fit across the end of the Vberth.

I have always felt that boats themselves are pretty childrpoof to begin with.

Only concerns/cautions is that the first 6 months of having a baby... they seem to get sick all the time. Being your first, you won't know a real issue from a diaper rash (well, take that back, if you are a nurse/MD with pediatric training, you will). But it's hard as first time parents when to know not to run them to the ER. SO keeping close to areas where a major hospital or solid doc office was imperative for us. Also having a close relationship with a pedi office that has 24 hour on call and maybe even the pedi's phone number was imperative for us.

It really is not hard and baby's are very easy. Each age for us has had challenges, but they were fun challenges and we have memories of a lifetime, as have the kids.

Again, congrats!!! Been doing this for 10 years (with kids) and am happy to answer any questions, as always. I am running off for the holidays, so be patient if I don't reply.

Brian

PS Forgot - don't anchor near trimarans. They flip over in the slightest wind and have a dog barking all night.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook