SailNet Community - View Single Post - Plates, glasses, etc...
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010
Meat Popsicle

nailbunnySPU is on a distinguished road
Agreed that corelle is good, glass is good. I buy glassware they sell individually at wal mart, so I can easily buy replacements as they break.

Plates and bowls are easy to keep, nonskid has been mentioned for putting between them. I got the stuff that's a grid of waffle-like foam that comes in rolls, intended for cabinets and drawers, again out of wal mart.

Pint glasses and any sort of stacking drinking glass is hard to keep. Non-skid has to go between those, or they'll fuse together or spontaneously break. I find drinking from plastic can be less dismal if you get those novelty cups with LEDs in them, so they glow purty colors.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is hand-washing. I've tried sponges, abrasive pads, palm-fitting brushes that dispense detergent. At this point i'm real fond of the long-handle sponge scrubber that dispenses soap from the handle. It's not trivial to wash out the inside of narrow cups in close quarters. Something to think about when you're buying cups, how are you going to clean it? Can you fit your hand inside it?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook