SailNet Community - View Single Post - What's Better Than a Westsail 32?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
One thing to remember, most boats will take far more than the crew can. I would suggest, if you are in the PNW, that you go around to some marinas and talk with people there who regularly sail that area and see what they sail. Also, I think you would be doing yourself...and your wife, a service by having her take a sailing course. Reading about what is "seaworthy" and actually experiencing it can be worlds apart. Or, to look at it another way, would you buy a Hummer, just to drive a few miles back and forth to work? That's basically the point JeffH is making. A good solid coastal cruiser would be more than capable for what you want to do, and, I believe, in the long run, give you more enjoyment. The thing is, to not get too caught up in a "numbers game" of ratios and formulas, and deleve into real world experiences with different boats. Otherwise, just say the heck with it and get a Westsail.

Remember though, it's YOUR boat, and you have to get what feels right to you, not to anyone else. All anyone here can do is give you their opinion, you have to make the decision.

Regards,

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook