SailNet Community - View Single Post - Never a Gori prop again!
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by haffiman37 View Post
I got myself a new schock today as I lifted the boat to replace the propeller: most of the cone on the propshaft was gone. I have put some more pics at my page: http://www.geocities.com/haffiman37/index.html
I even put both the prop and shaft at display in the entrance of my marina with a big warning sign. I have some 500 sailing yachts coming by for fuel etc every year, might be interesting to hear their comments.
Sorry dude ANY prop would have been eaten alive with your lack of maintenance. I have NO CLUE where you get the idea that a zinc should last a one year service interval as the interval is 100% dependent upon where you store your boat and how fast your local conditions eat them. I have seen zincs gone in 45 days and some last 7-8 months but it all depends upon where you are and how hot your marina is. This is NOT Gori's problem..

Gori should sue you especially if your are this clueless about maintaining your own vessel and then trying to blame the manufacturer for your own lack of maintenance.

No sympathy from me. One year...? Really? I agree with Gori even though I am not a big fan of their props. CHANGE YOUR ZINCS MORE REGULARLY OR FIND A NEW LOCATION!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook