SailNet Community - View Single Post - The sail back
Thread: The sail back
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010

71Irwin32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post

In this agitated and fast life we live we sometimes forget about some pretty simple things: It’s the sea and wind that dictate the rules on a sailingboat. If you were getting trouble, you should have waited for better conditions. Don't take me wrong, I have done the same...30 years ago:

Paulo
Just because you've got 30? years doesn't mean everybody else is stupid. I picked the best conditions possible for the whole month, according to all of the forecasts, and I would've had to wait the season out to do better. It's December.....and I'd already checked with the boatyard about leaving my boat there for the season. They said no because they are over crowded.

Maybe you might think of adding something positive instead of presenting the "high and mighty" attitude.

I got the only day for two weeks forecast for medium winds out of the North, otherwise I would've been fighting headwinds, and needing to tack the whole way South in the intercoastal. I got the boat home and the only damage was just the lazyjack lines, the main is fine, and that chop dissipated at about noon.

Yes, I should've check the sail, but I left at dawn for a reason and it worked out as the boat is in its slip and I'm 600 miles away back at work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 71Irwin32; 12-18-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook