SailNet Community - View Single Post - The sail back
Thread: The sail back
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010
1975 Newport 28

jaschrumpf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Irwin32 View Post
The A4 on my boat is virtually brand new removed and sent to Moyer Marine for rebuild and updating, but then the boat sat mostly unattended about 3 years allowing the teak to leak and eventually causing a major short in one of the main wiring loops. Originally I figured I rewire the whole boat and will eventually, but I can in the mean time, isolate just the engine wiring so I can get it running and charging the secondary batteries I installed....gas cleaned out and filter, oil change. That's all it needs. The compression showed 115 psi on all 4 cylinders and the spark is excellent. Maybe a carb rebuild, but I already have all that stuff sent from Moyer.

...but the outboard worked fine in chop up to nearly 3'.
You might already have this, but if you don't I'll save you some time:

A4 Electrical Wiring Schematic - Moyer Marine

That's a link to a PDF of the wiring schematic for the A4. I found it very helpful when I rewired my A4 a couple of seasons back. Your engine sounds like she's a peach -- 115 on all four cylinders is great compression. She'll give you many years of good service if you just take care of her.

Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Monrovia, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook