SailNet Community - View Single Post - The "Plan"-response
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2001

egallant is on a distinguished road
The "Plan"-response

Jeff -

Don''t worry, I''m not taking anything you say as discouraging. I''m used to working under pressure (12 years in the computer industry will do that!) and I consider myself reasonably "together" enough to make detailed plans and then follow through with them.

My girlfriend and I have been dreaming about this for years, buying the magazines, hanging around the marinas, and reading all the books, it''s only been recently that we really committed ourselves to doing it. Now that we''ve done that, it''s been a constant struggle just hanging on for these last few months before packing up and moving over to Florida. I lived in Clearwater for a few years in the mid-eighties so I have half a mind to go back there and use that as our homebase but I''d prefer the East coast as it''s someplace I''ve never lived and closer to where I want to ultimately depart from.

You mentioned having the boat professionally set up. Is that something that a boat yard could/would do or would surveyor be able to point me towards a person capable of it? In my current line of work I would hire a consultant to do work that I can''t do for a project, would this apply to something like preparing a sailboat for cruising?

And thanks, I appreciate your honest and candid responses.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook