SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2001 40ds
Thread: 2001 40ds
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006

chuck5499 is on a distinguished road
SoOkay -- wow - away from anyone would be something new. Down here boats are just everywhere and not to many folks understand the rules of the road. when we came back from Key West via the Gulf Stream, I spent the entire night dodging big ships that were both coming and going.
I turn 61 in a couple of months and got downsized a few months ago, so i have put my house on the market and getting SoulMates ready for some extended cruising. I am going to skip the generator and go solar, i do need the water maker and ssb. Then a lot of back up parts.
One thing i noted on sites about the cost of cruising is the maintenance cost eats up 20-30% of the budget - so with a new boat my hope is that i can cut that quite a bit. My goal is to ride out the hurricane season here and then sail the bahamas for the winter - i have to discuss with my insurance company as they have a couple of restrictions i have to have changed. Then next year sail the east coast and be in annapolis for the boat show before heading south again and then across to the bahamas and then farther south - that is the plan at least for now - but who knows.
chuck and soulmates
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook