SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Blues
Thread: Crew Blues
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
Cool Crew Blues

Well having taken several cruises with as I like to call them cherries this one was kind of a bummer kinda. The crew two young people gyu and gril and a middle aged guy who was way overweight and could not perform his duties like he should have I set sail. I had ask if anyone had any medical problems and no was the anwser. Obesity is a medical problem which forced the work load on the rest of the crew for safety reasons. Also smoking on the night shift was a drag causing me to wake up everytime I smelled smoke. Well shame on me for not saying no. The trip was long 25 days 1200 km and hot as hell June in the Gulf no wind. Meals were split as the young people turned out to be veg heads and so all food prep was usually seperate. No one bought thier own drink stuff and drank my stash like it was gone in a week and a half. No they did not restock the Moutain Dew BUMMER and my green tea we will not even go their. I was strict about people going several miles off corse when I woke from my short two hour naps all 25 days of the cruise. But I was not Captain Bligh or Hook who ever is a nasty skipper.
I got every one back with only some loss of sleep and thats it. In Galviston every one jumped ship while I had gone to the Western Onion since $400.00 came up missing and I had to get a wire. When I got back they were all gone only a couple of notes saying thanks. The notes were somehow very short of appreciation after all the lessons and baby sitting the trip took allot of money and my time. I have usually had my crew throw a little party or a tip was given as thanks. I was left with a boat that took three days for me to clean and $400.00 down and I never got to say a word to anyone. Well life goes on I will check the crew out better next time. Thanks Lisa you managed to organize the jump ship and never said a word to me I was bummed. Hope you have a good life all of you.
P.S. If you read this why would be in order I think. Hell you did not even leave an address or your email.
Is this just me or did this really suck.
Captain Jim
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook