SailNet Community - View Single Post - how much clothing
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
I've read this thread with great interest in everyone's point of view. In most instances less seems to be best. In my case, as an entertainer, I will be carrying a fair amount of clothing for my musical performances at various locations during the winter months. Hopefully, most of the performances will be at Tiki Bars and marina restaurants in the Florida Keys. Therefore, Hawaiian shirts, shorts and boat shoes would be the preferred attire during performances. However, there are times when I'll be a bit more formal, satin shirts, matching tie, black slacks, highly polished shoes and silk vest. (gotta look good for the ladies!) They'll all be in a hanging locker where they're somewhat protected from the environment. Other than the shorts, nothing is cotton, but ironing is still necessary to provide sharp creases and a clean, classy appearance. I'll have to check the resources again, but if I recall, Cabella's had a 12-volt steam iron available in one of their catalogs. It was fairly small, didn't draw a lot of current, and if you are ironing delicate, synthetic fabrics, you DO NOT want to use something where you cannot control the temperature with some degree of accuracy.

On days when I will not be performing, shorts, cotton/polyester mix shirt (preferably white or khaki), sandals and I'm a happy guy. I have a sign in my other boat from Jimmy Buffett's Margarettaville Bar in Los Vegas that says "No shoes, No Shirt, No Problem."

Thanks everyone,

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook