SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Blues
Thread: Crew Blues
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
I Captain

Thank You all for responding to this post. I have to say I was maybe not clear enough on the fact that it was not a pleasure cruise. The crew was not experienced at all which I was aware of but I was led to believe they had been studying sailing and had taken some ASE training which was not the case. If they had taken any training they did not pass the course. Well like some have said younger people have a diffrent outlook as to what they should get fromany thing they do. I tried to teach them along the way some of my old values which are a little outdated I am sure. I really liked all of them as people but they have a very long way to go as far as becoming cruising sailors. So I hope they read this and at some point contact me and explain some of the lack of respect that I feel I was lacking in. Maybe that was not it at all I just don't know what they thought. Like I said I was heading back to the marina after walking about three miles in the Texas heat to get the wire transfer when they passed in a taxie cab and that was that.
Old salts like me maybe expect to much from young people today, thats why my son's did not come along they know the Captain is an old bugger.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook