SailNet Community - View Single Post - Practical Sailor
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Anna View Post
Well, firstly, its a pommy publication.

Secondly they have nothing to do for 6-8 months of the year while the big freeze is on, except to plot, plan, build, rebuild, assess and report on whatever has taken their nautical fancy. So they print it in PS, which takes 3 months to arrive here.

Saying that, its a good mag, better than CH from which I actually know quite a few of the regulars and have been thorough most of the dramas they write about, dont own a fantastic plastic quattro hulled fad. etc etc

Andy, you are letting me ramble.
Ohhhh no its not !!

Secondly, I'm not convinced that Connecticut has decent weather either so so plotting planning andplaying with their nautical fancy may well be appropriate. Never having been to Connecticut I know not for sure but it sounds cold.

Mind you , I have to agree. Our monthly dose of Cruising Advertorial doesn't get me all that excited either. Pretty pictures though.

What about the brouhaha that poor old Jill Knight kicked off last issue ? Methinks the letter writers of CH would not be out of place amongst the bellicose witterers in our own SailNet OT Sewer. Still and all it is a Queensland publication, the land that time forgot, where men are men and women can make the pumpkin scones. .

Anywho, ramble on to your poor old landlocked heart's content.

Cheers to you

Andrew

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 12-29-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook