SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Blues
Thread: Crew Blues
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006

kimberlite is on a distinguished road
second part of crew agreement

TRIP INTERRUPTION:
You understand that should you leave the yacht, for whatever reason, at a port other than that to which you had agreed in this agreement, you will be responsible for all your own travel and related costs. You also understand and agree that if you are asked to leave the yacht for reasons of lack of competence, inappropriate behavior, crew incompatibility, illness, or the inability to carry out tasks, which, in skipper’s opinion, is endangering the safe operation of the yacht, you will also be responsible for all your own repatriation costs. However, in this event, the Skipper will take all reasonable measures to disembark you at a suitable port along the intended route, from which you can arrange your travel home.

MAINTENANCE WORK:
Keeping a cruising boat in safe condition requires work on repairs and maintenance, and this is an obligation to be shared by all aboard. Good crew looks for ways to help, and taking part will make you feel involved. As a guide you should be willing to put in about a half hour a day, plus half a day per week, on maintenance or and repair to the boat. This does not include domestic work, in which you will also be required to share. You will also be required to spend one full day upon arrival in Huntington cleaning and doing boat maintenance. We may also work together for one day prior to departure in each port to put the boat into “excellent condition.”

COST:
You will be required to pay your personal land based expenses such as restaurants and lodging, your transportation costs to and from the boat, and your flight to St Martin, plus any special provisions you need.

Provide two (2) copies of the issue page(s) of your passport, and provide information from the passport:
Number:
Issue Place
Date of issue Expiration date

Home address
Next of kin name

Address
Phone
Alternate contact

DECLARATIONS

I have completed the above details fully and honestly, and have volunteered any further information am aware of that may affect the safe enjoyment of the proposed voyage by all aboard. I do not have any illegal drugs or weapons in my possession, and will(initial crew)(initial skipper) immediately inform the skipper if I become aware of any on board, or anyone trying to bring such items aboard. I declare, by written statement on this agreement, details of any convictions, in any country, for the involvement with illegal drugs or weapons. I will not carry any packages for any third party on the boat without first requesting permission from the skipper. I accept that the skipper may change his plans, and will not hold him responsible for transportation to the original destination, should that not be reached by Kimberlite.

I will make myself familiar with the location and operation of all safety equipment aboard the boat. I will seek to learn all aspects of seamanship by reading appropriate manuals and book aboard, and by asking help form the skipper and others. The responsibility is fully mine to learn and to ask to be taught any skills that I need for safe operation of the boat. If there is anything happening aboard the boat about which I am uncomfortable, I will discuss it with those concerned as soon as possible in order to avoid irreversible resentments that may spoil the atmosphere for all aboard. If the skipper is held responsible for bailing me out of trouble if I transgress local laws and customs, I agree to fully reimburse any cost incurred; and to compensate him for the time lost for every day of delay my action may cause. I take full responsibility for any requirements and cost relating for my entry and exit in countries to be visited by the boat. I agree to share all work aboard, and obey all orders given to me relating to the safe conduct of the boat, at all times.

I am aware that there are risks that I will face in this voyage, and take full responsibility or my decision to join the crew.

I, or my heirs, next of kin, legal representative, successors and assigns, and in consideration of the acceptance as a crewmember of the yacht Kimberlite, do hereby waive any and all claims which I may have against Eric M. Freedman, or any other duly qualified and authorized captain appointed by him, arising out of, or in any way connected with, my participation as a members of the crew of the yacht, and understand and agree that, as a member of the crew of said yacht, I have no recourse or claims of any kind against Eric M. Freedman, and shall hold him harmless against all consequences of my participation as a crew member aboard the yacht.

This agreement shall be governed by the Laws of the State of New York, United States of America.

Crewmember:

Skipper:

Dated at:thisday of, 2005.

State of

CREW AGREEMENT KIMBERLITE

County of

On this day personally appeared before me to me known to be the individual described in and who executed the within and foregoing instrument, and acknowledge that he/she signed the same as his/her free and voluntary act and deed, for the uses and purposes therein described Given under hand and the official seal the
day of, 2005.

Notary Public for the State of

Residing at

My commission expires

(Notary Seal)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook