SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chartering BVI? Stay far away from Conch Chrs
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011

familyofun is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak View Post
- they clearly try to find *something* to latch on at the end of the charter to keep some of your deposit. they also treat you as a "presumed guilty until proven otherwise".

I understand that they may be trying to protect themselves from all-to-common bad charterers, but I am a very careful skipper (so we didn't have any issues, of course and got our deposit back just fine). Still, this left an unpleasant feeling - I prefer to be treated with at least some respect.
This is well put Sea Slacker and what a relief for me to see an honest addition to my post. I feel so ticked when I see some of the reply's that I would bet my right arm have vested interest.

I did not 'make up' any of my post. We were completely floored that they could do that - put though our D.D. And they have never sent us an invoice for what the damage was. We had left one candle on the outdoor table and some wax melted on to the table-their rant to us about the dirty dishes included a paragraph about the candle wax. We have a cabin that we rent out on the BC coast and I can not imagine ever treating our guests like they've treated us.

So, long story short...even when you try to do the right thing and warn others, you seem to have to take a lot of hits back and it isn't easy to read. Thanks for adding your two bits.

Last edited by familyofun; 01-02-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook