SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chartering BVI? Stay far away from Conch Chrs
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011

familyofun is on a distinguished road
more..???

Good Grief,
I thought I'd already said this, but, we ran out of water on our way back and Peter Island plant was down, so we notified Conch that we would be coming in and would need water that night for cleaning, dishes etc. However, they abandoned us.

We tried washing with seawater, but the water around the marina was a bit like sewage, so we thought we should not risk it for future users.

The candle wax thing tortured me with disbelief as I had wiped up candle wax from the other candle and it was one smooth swipe of a cloth...not like it was embedded in cracks or anything like that.

And yes, we had received an email after many unreturned calls - the email told us of the dirty dishes and wax. As I said, we rent out our beloved cabin and would not DREAM of treating our "Guests" this way. We have had situations where because they had to catch an early morning ferry, they've left some dishes and, for petes sake, we get the cleaning lady to do them and pay her for her time.

My point is, as the other dear writer agreed, The Conch staff SEARCH for something to charge you with, rather than asking 'how was your vacation?"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook