Join Date: Sep 2006
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 10
WHoooie!!! That is a woops, but funny story I did a simular thing myself. I was replacing a bilge pump and noticed one of the screws that was holding it in place had rusted and was stripped out. No problem I had another screw that was just a little bit longer. I noticed I had made a terrible mistake when the trickle of water started. My first thought, put that screw back, then I remembered it will rust someday and the leak will be back. I grabbed the marine epoxy and kept jamming into the hole with my finger until I had pushed about a teaspoon worth into the hole. Then set there and waited the 1 hour cure time with my finger covering the patch to prevent the water from pushing the glue back out. That was 5 years ago, the next bottom job I had the yard put a little gel coat over the area outside the hull, I put some on the inside.
The Sun has Risen on a New Day filled with the Promise of Adventure.