SailNet Community - View Single Post - Westcoast floating yacht club
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011
Hmmm

Bilgewater is on a distinguished road
No, I haven't read that one and as a matter of fact this is the first I've heard of it, I googled it and I will be getting this one for sure. If you like books like that, if you haven't read it already, you would be definitely interested in a book called "Bijaboboji" by Betty Lowman. I got it through the Library and have read it a few times and recommended it many times.
It's a story about her life as a child taking her dugout canoe from Anacortes to Alaska in the 1930s. It's a fantastic read and really gives a great picture of the coast in those years...lots of history. Many canaries along the way at that time and quite the adventure for a young girl. When she reached Nanaimo she made the front page of the paper and from that point everyone up the coast new about her and were expecting her. She describes in great detail many of the now dissapeared villages. Sailing past them now really puts ones mind in high gear. Great read for sure. InsidePassageNews.com

Jack, I have absolutely no real intention of getting into oyster farming, although it has crossed my mind on occasion. I was just playing around with all this stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Impulse III
Truant Pilothouse
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook